Thursday 8 March 2012

A Long Drive

Wed 7th March

Today I visited James Peck, PX farms on my way to Whitchurch. James a 2010 Nuffield Scholar has a diverse contract farming business.  This includes cropping, haulage, grain storage, and solar farming.   James has a great model for a low risk way to grow your business by contracting.


PX farms grain storage facility, the shed on the right is a new shed in the process of being built when finished it will hold 46500t of grain



A couple of PX farms toy tractors.  I tried, but couldn't convince James that yellow looks much better when it is used to compliment the green.



PX Farms  new "solar farm", these solar panels are designed to track the sun, discovered in America during James's Nuffield these are the first of their type to be erected in England. According to James they are 35% more efficient than stationary solar cells.  During windy weather they automatically move to a horizontal position (as you can see in the picture) so they are not damaged by the wind.

2 comments:

  1. I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much.
    Social Media Marketing

    ReplyDelete