Sunday 24 February 2013

24th Feb 2012 - To The John Deere Heartland


The plan was to visit the Wallis Tower (Formally Sears Tower) the tallest building in the USA, then head off to Moline. I picked a perfect day for it, the sun was shining brightly and a feeling of spring was in the air. It was great to see the Sun again as it had been a week since it had peered through the clouds.

Unfortunately after arriving at the tower I discovered that it was an hour and a half wait to get to the observation deck, so I decided to add that to my bucket list and head on down to Moline. I couldn’t have chosen a better day for the drive. The bright warm sun shining on the beautiful snow covered farms and fields, just makes you glad to be traveling. Moline is home to the John Deere international head quarters and a number of machinery works, including the harvester works. I am really looking forward to having a look around tomorrow.

Sunset over Moline, the end of a beautiful day

No comments:

Post a Comment