Tuesday 9 October 2012

October 6th Cafe Istanbul

After a big night saying goodbye to the Ukraine we flew out to Turkey and a day off, despite being somewhat tired the girls wanted to head straight to the shops. Of course they needed chaperons to make sure they didn't spend too much, none of the other guys were up to it so under sufferance I headed to the Grand Bazaar. All I can say is wow!! For someone who's eyes usually glaze over after the first five minutes of shopping, I managed to survive three hours in this amazing place...I actually had fun and came away with some great bargains (But I think the girls actually spent more with me there) The Grand Bazaar contains about 4000 shops with everyone of them trying to push there products to you as soon as you show the slightest interest. 


We had dinner on the rooftop overlooking Istanbull with some amazing views of the Bosphorus (Straight of water dividing the city) and the Blue Mosque


No comments:

Post a Comment